For net metering, can I use my current electric meter?

Most residential and small commercial customers have simple meters that are bi-directional, capable of turning in both directions. Some utilities or ESPs may want two meters for net metering, one to measure electricity going from the grid to your home or business, and one to measure the excess going from your system to the grid. If you enter into a time-of-use billing agreement, you will need to purchase a bi-directional time-of-use meter. Contact your utility for more information.


Go to www.find-solar.org